Kirstie Alley and My Own Journey

I just read a Yahoo news blog about Kirstie Alley. It was going on about how she had gained all the weight she had lost on Jenny Craig and then some. They were quoting her as saying she was surprised after getting back on the scale after being off of it for 15 months that she had gained so much weight.

Okay now let’s get real… I’ve been there. I’ve lost a lot of weight and then gained all the weight back and then some. I didn’t gain the weight back unknowingly. I knew what I was doing to myself. I avoided the scale. I ignored my clothing size changes. When I finally made myself step on the scale I was not surprised at the number that glared back at me. I was disappointed. I was disappointed that I let other things take priority over my well-being. Frustrated that the habits that I had worked so hard to form I had let slip away. Disgusted once again I was back to square one.

After losing a lot of weight and then regaining it, I know have a different perspective of what this journey is going to take this time. I know the journey has to be about more than just the numbers on the scale. I know it’s the habits I was forming that I choose to quit doing that led to my weight gain. I also know that I need to really build a system of accountability and support for myself this time. A system that will build me up and encourage me and also drag me, if need be, back on track if I begin to go off course. So this week I’m really going to ponder the support system that will help me weather the storms in weight loss. If you have any tips or advice in this area I would be appreciative.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2009 - Losing Jenny - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template